If you are a poutine purist like me, you know the key to a good poutine is the cheese curds. Unfortunately cheese curds aren’t readily available in San Francisco, or the rest of the US for that matter, and we had a crazy poutine craving. There is nothing worse than shredded cheese on a poutine, so we had to improvise.
Check out our MADE IN USA poutine recipe- a perfect cure for foggy Sunday night blues.
Ingredients: Oven baked fries, brown gravy, mozerella string cheese
1. Place fries in oven and cook as per package instructions
2. Heat up brown gravy in saucepan over low heat
3. To create ‘curds’, take one mozerella cheese stick out of the packaging and pull apart into three sections. By hand, break off small-medium size pieces.
4. Once the fries have been cooked, take them out of the oven and divide amongst bowls.
5. Layer gravy and cheese and then place bowls into the oven for 5 minutes (or until cheese looks semi-melted)
Remember to let it cool as the bowl will be hot!
all via Canon T2i