Valentine’s Day is tomorrow! Whip up this quick and inexpensive treat to celebrate the loves in your life.
I used the classic recipe from Rice Krispies:
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies®
- 1 cup of white chocolate chips
- heart shaped cookie cutters
- sprinkles and decorative candies
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated. Loved listening to the snap, crackle and popping when I was a kid 🙂
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.
4. After letting the Rice Krispies cool for 30 minutes, I used a heart shaped cookie cutter to make shapes.
5. Heat up the white chocolate chips in the microwave for 30 second increments to melt the chocolate- be careful not to burn!
6. Dip one half/side of the Rice Krispies Heart into the melted white chocolate and then lay flat on wax paper.
7. Decorate with sprinkles and candies. If you are short on time (like me!), stack two hearts and tie with ribbon.